Ballymaguire Foods is Ireland’s largest producer of fresh prepared meals to leading retail and foodservice customers. All of our products are marketed under the private label brands of our customers. With a great team of people at the heart of our business, and the latest technology and innovations to develop fresh meals for our customers – we have been able to grow our business successfully. We have a number of opportunities available, including this Quality Assurance Technician role.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the successful candidate will work within the Quality Team to ensure that day to day production operations are conducted in a quality focused way. This will involve meeting deadlines and ensuring both food safety and customer quality standards are maintained.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being a proactive member of the Quality Assurance Team to ensure all products produced in Ballymaguire Foods comply with all Food safety quality and legislative requirements.
- Working with Shift Supervisors and their team to ensure preparation, portioning and packing of food products is done according to our established standards and customer specifications.
- Implementing corrective action programs for any non-conformances raised in the factory and establishing root cause and preventative action.
- Planning, conducting and monitoring testing and inspection of raw materials and products to ensure finished product quality.
- Carrying out product and process validations on each CCP in the factory on an annual basis. Drawing up schedule and managing this to ensure completion.
- Ensuring all production and quality paperwork are filled correctly and comply with all food safety standards and legislation.
- Carrying out calibration checks on equipment in the factory such as temperature probes, data loggers and scales.
- Carrying out validations and verifications on processes in the factory crucial to product safety. These include but are not limited to; allergen validations, cleaning validations, CIP validation, sanitiser tunnel validation and species validation.
- Monitoring and verifying cleaning processes in the factory. Carrying out ATP and environmental swabbing as part of this.
- Carrying out internal audits such as glass and hard plastic, pre-production, GMP and hygiene audits and any other audits of the quality management system as required.
- Carrying out positive release checks such as product tasting and strip analysis, gas level checks, weights, temperatures and full compliance to specification.
- Carrying out both manual temperature checks in all monitored areas in the factory and also analysing data logger information to monitor temperatures in the factory, storage and during transport.
- Monitoring all procedures being carried out in the factory ensuring they comply to Ballymaguire standards and customer and legislative requirements at all times. These procedures include personal hygiene, foreign body control, traceability, sleeve and label control, allergen and species control, etc.
- Interested candidates should have a minimum of 1 years production/manufacturing experience preferably gained in a food environment. A 3rd level qualification in food science or related discipline would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidates must have be available to work a Monday to Sunday shift roster and due to the nature of the business, be prepared to work flexible hours. Access to own transport will be necessary due to the location of the business.
For further details:
Just let us know if you have any questions at all, or email your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org