Ballymaguire Foods is a fully Irish owned, major producer of fresh ready meals. We produce a wide range of different product offerings for the own-brand, Irish retail and foodservice industry at our state-of-the-art factory in Lusk, Co. Dublin.
Due to continued expansion, we now have a vacancy for a Production Supervisor of our Chilled Storage to support the Production Management function within the business.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Chilled Storage Production Supervisor will assist in and oversee the daily running of the main dispatch fridge at Ballymaguire Foods. Key responsibilities will be receiving and managing the daily orders, communicating with sales, planning and dispatch teams to build and have palletised product ready for collection. A proactive approach to all aspects of work is essential.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Key responsibilities include:
- To take full responsibility of the big fridge in terms of management of staff, quality & labour targets (KPI’s, cleaning, stocktakes, appraisals).
- Monitor, measure and report on the performance of the big fridge teams regarding labour, targets, picking accuracy on the daily KPI.
- To ensure good communication methods are utilised daily, start of shift huddles, lean meetings, shortages, tracker, etc.
- To ensure the stock takes are accurately taken daily and products dispatched for orders are fully traceable. (Mass balance exercise to be conducted once per week).
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting to identify root causes and implementing effective action can be taken to resolve the problems.
- To ensure that the training levels are met for current and future demands of the team.
- Maintain skills matrix, staff reviews and performance appraisals and manage the yearly training plan to ensure a sufficient level of cross training is achieved.
- Play an active role in the companies Lean & Continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company.
- Champion daily huddle meetings and utilise lean tools for problem solving. Identify cost saving initiatives within the big fridge.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping standards to ensure that we are audit ready at all times.
- Responsible for the yard areas adjacent to the chills so that it is clean & tidy at times. Pallet storage areas to be organised and maintained in a good condition.
- Assist in the good maintenance and control of machinery used; pallet trucks /power pallet trucks/forklifts, loading bays, and roller doors.
We have a full COVID-19 protection system in place for all employees and visitors.
For more information:
Please contact email@example.com